Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ah-Ha!

On one of the myfitnesspal.com message boards, the questions was asked: "What was your 'ah-ha' moment?"

Here's my response:

At the beginning of my marriage (when I was much thinner) my husband made only one request of me: to stay healthy. My family has a history of obesity, Type 2 Diabetes, and Heart Disease. My sweet husband wanted (and wants) for me to be healthy and active so that we could raise our children actively and then grow old together.

I have not held up my end of the bargain. I am currently 120 pounds over my healthy weight range (and 120 pounds heavier than I was the day we got married).

My "ah-ha" moment came a month ago. For his birthday, my husband sat me down and gently told me that he didn't want any presents. He just wanted me to promise him that I would start taking better care of myself.

I love him so much, and it broke my heart that I haven't kept my first promise to him (that I would STAY healthy). So, in order to show him how much I love him, I am DETERMINED to become more active and cut out calories.

It's not about my weight. We both feel that I am beautiful. It is about living a long life with him.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Wow! Awesome and inspiring stuff, Brandy! Woo-hoo!!!