Thursday, July 8, 2010

Just Call Me Yogi

Today is Thursday, from henceforth to be known as (drumroll, please) YOGA DAY!

My pal Christan and I attended our first yoga class ever last Thursday night. I can't speak for her, but for me, it was love at first cow pose.

I loved it so much, I went back again on Saturday (to make sure it wasn't just some school girl crush). My friends, let me tell you, it's love. The deep, life-changing, never-wanna-be-apart kind of love.

So I downloaded a Yoga app for my ipod (because classes cost an arm and a leg (haha) and love don't bring home the bacon), and I've done it every day this week.

Can I just say... it's truly, truly amazing.

So, my first night (the night that I shall forever remember as the night my world turned upside down)(haha, again) we did Downward Facing Dog, which looks like this.




My first night, I couldn't get the heels of my hands or my feet to touch, which made my Downward Facing Dog look more like this:



And since I've decided to Say "No" to "Doing it all," I thought, "I'm just going to do the best I can and see where it takes me."

Well, friends, last night it took me to a place where everything that is supposed to be touching the ground is touching the ground, and everything that is supposed to be in the air is in the air.

Um, yeah, that's right. That husky girl in the corner doing Downward Facing Dog, it's me. (Get it? Husky? Dog? Can't stop now; I'm on a roll.)

There are still a couple positions I'm not able to do completely. But who knew I was even capable of making it through a Yoga class, much less LOVING it.

So, tonight, Christan and I are off to our weekly Yoga class, complete with squeeky wooden boards and free-spirited teacher.

You don't have to say it, we know we're cool.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Awesome! I'm totally inspired and need to do some stretching and exercise myself. Thanks for the boost!!!