Thursday, July 8, 2010

To Eat or Not To Eat

So... It's 9:47pm, and I just finished putting up all the groceries (after a fantabulous Yoga Night).

But now, a good 4 hours after dinner, I. am. hungry.

Normally, I would go for a scrumptious bowl of sugar-coated milk-soaked cereal goodness. But I have decided to completely cut out cereal for a while. I tried to go to one bowl a day, but if there's a box in the house, it becomes my go-to snack/meal during times exactly like this one - when I'm tired and hungry.

So, here's a question for all my blogger pals - what do you eat for snack in between meals?

I know the standards: fruit, almonds, raw veggies. Anything else? I'm needin' some variety here!

I ready, willin', and able to heed your low-calorie words of wisdom.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

anything that is 100-150 kcals is fine for a snack. Keep it under 5g fat (as little sat/trans fat as possible). It is better if it has two macronutrients like carbohydrate and protein or fat and protein, that way it takes longer to digest and will stick with you longer. I like lite yogurt (they have a billion flavors to choose from now, so fun) or a granola/cereal bar. I like the fiber one bars in chocolate or caramel or the kashi soft baked cereal bars in apple. They have fiber in them too to keep you full. Sometimes all you need is an 8 oz glass of skim/low-fat milk to keep the hunger away. If it isn't physical hunger, you just want something sweet, a sugar/fat free pudding or jello cup or a 15 kcal popsicle/fudgesicle are always a great way to get a dessert without feeling guilty :) .

Jessica said...

I smoke a cigarette...

Brandy Thixton said...

Wow! Lots of great ideas, Christina! I've been doing yogurt for breakfast in the mornings, but I'm def. going to start trying it for snacks too. What do you think about chocolate milk? Thanks for the info!

Brandy Thixton said...

Oh, Jess... I treasure your comments. Truly.